Across MultiSource Manufacturing LLC facilities, our production floors have access to a broad range of specialized materials, tools, equipment, and expertise. Our engineers, technicians, and other team members all contribute their skills and knowledge to the manufacturing of high-quality, precision-based parts, components, and full assemblies. Not only do we use multi-axis machining centers to build close tolerance metal parts for medical device, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries, but we also implement many processes for plastic fabrication with trusted materials, including Teflon™, exotic, and basic polymers. Plastic welding, bending, and several types of forming are all key operations in our plastic parts production. Cold forming and thermoforming, in particular, are used to make plastic components across a broad range of industries. We utilize thermoforming to build unique part designs with functional longevity and strength. When it comes to plastic manufacturing, thermoforming is one of the most beneficial processes for many reasons.
Thermoforming is a versatile plastic fabrication operation that combines heat and vacuum pressure to quickly form a sheet of industrial plastic into a mold. Molds are engineered to result in plastic parts with exact specifications, complex geometries, and strong three-dimensional forms. Thermoformed plastic parts are long-lasting, strong components that endure functional stress and meet a broad range of requirements.
Some benefits of the thermoforming process include:
- Quick production: The thermoforming process itself is a fast production system. Our team can machine molds from a prototype in a matter of weeks. With a mold designed and made, our production line can then thermoform parts in minutes.
- Low-cost complex parts: Our engineers can design molds for intricate parts with our computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) prototyping software. These complex parts are produced with low-cost thermoforming processes to create high-detail surfaces, textures, and finishes.
- Low-cost large parts: Not only can thermoforming processes build complex parts with well-engineered molds, they can also handle large parts at costs lower than most other manufacturing operations. Thermoformed parts can be as large as 10 x 20 feet.
- Multiple part assemblies: Using thermoforming, we can also manufacture multipart assemblies that fit close tolerances and precise construction. We design molds for assemblies based on the final product for connection points and fits with zero gaps.
- Industry-compliant materials: The polymers and plastics we work with offer a flexible range of material specifications. We can build thermoformed parts that meet multiple industry standards, requirements, and compliances, including those for ruggedization, durability, weather resistance, impact resistance, and more. Our thermoformed part performance can be tailored to exact industry goals and functional stresses.
These are just a few of the many advantages building with thermoforming operations provides. To learn more about our plastic fabrication capabilities and other operations, contact MultiSource Manufacturing LLC at (952) 456-5500. You can also request more information or request a quote online to get started with us today.