In any modern manufacturing facility, the use of software systems and digitally controlled equipment is necessary. Even the simplest, smallest fabrication facility most likely uses software for some purpose, whether that means automated equipment, inventory tracking, engineering and design, simulations and troubleshooting, or general calculations.
At MultiSource Manufacturing LLC, we utilize software programs for a wide range of purposes. From the office to the production floor, intelligent digital tools make it possible for us to provide OEMs and other customers with the precision and excellence we’re known for. As an industry-leading provider of contract manufacturing, we use software to improve our company daily and continue to provide the broad range of fabrication and design services we offer.
MultiSource Manufacturing produces components and full assemblies for many different industries, including medical, defense, aerospace, food, semiconductor, and more. Software programs are used comprehensively on each part of the production floor for all manufacturing and general day-to-day needs. Some primary examples of how we implement software include:
- Project management: For the scheduling, outlining, and delegating of any project we take on, software plays an important role in generating information, estimating timelines, determining materials and tools, and sharing all that information among the parties involved.
- Prototyping: For CAD/CAM design and general virtual prototyping, software systems are key. We use software specialized to engineering a digital 3D image, projecting specifications, generating calculations and predictions, and producing a 3D printed part.
- Automated equipment: A large majority of our equipment on the production floor is automated. From versatile horizontal and vertical machining centers to calibrated plastic welding equipment, our equipment relies on software programs for direction. This automation provides the precision and accuracy required for the many intricate or complex parts and full assemblies we manufacture.
- Inspection and simulation: When prototypes or finished components are completed, our team of expert technicians utilize specialty software programs to run thorough diagnostics of the condition of fabricated parts. They also perform comprehensive simulations that predict the behavior of components and full assemblies in a functioning setting with likely stress factors.
- Maintenance program: To protect the integrity of our manufacturing practices, MultiSource adheres to a well-oiled maintenance program and upkeep schedule. With maintenance-scheduling software, predictive software technologies, and digital analysis, we can maintain an optional condition in all areas of our facility.
- Inventory tracking: From materials and parts we use in daily production to cleaning supplies and staff safety tools, our inventory tracking database relies on a software program that can handle complex records. Our inventory tracking software makes sure we have what we need to keep our production schedule streamlined while continuing to meet global industrial certification standards and OSHA goals.
In addition to the preceding uses, software plays an important role at MultiSource facilities. To learn more about our contract manufacturing capabilities and the software we use, contact MultiSource Manufacturing LLC at (952) 456-5500. Also, you can request more information or request a quote online to get started with us today.