For many types of manufacturing services, a highly sanitized and isolated workspace is key. To prevent contamination and poor production practices, sealed clean rooms with varying degrees of quarantine are necessary. At MultiSource Manufacturing LLC, we ensure the protection of semiconductor components and assemblies during fabrication with our ISO Class 3 (FED STD 209E Class 1) clean room.
The certification of our clean room to a Class 3 is critical for all our semiconductor services and many medical component and assembly production. When you choose MultiSource for your clean room-required contract manufacturing services, you can trust our facilities to protect every part of your product from start to finish.
Each clean room across the industrial world needs to meet highly specific requirements in order to qualify for ISO (globally) or Federal Standard (in the U.S.). A large part of meeting these specifications has to do with the airflow.
Airflow in a clean room is a critical part of what makes it so clean. Put simply, all clean rooms need a down-and-out flow of air. The ventilation systems are installed in the ceiling and push airflow directly downward while other vents pull the flow outward, removing air continuously from the isolated room. This also continuously removes any particulates, bacteria, and other contamination from the room as it’s passed through with the air.
There are two main types of clean rooms that the majority of contract manufacturers use for any industrial processes that require extreme isolation from contaminants. These include:
- Single Pass: These simple-type clean rooms push the airflow down-and-out continuously. This means there is new air constantly introduced to the room through high-grade filters in the top vents and that air is then removed from the room entirely. These clean rooms can be used for manufacturing processes that don’t need climate-control options, such as temperature and humidity.
- Recirculating: For manufacturing processes that need exacting humidity and temperature control as well as high air filtration, more complex clean rooms that use recirculating systems are vital. Recirculating systems have an additional wall containing the interior room. This passageway around the room seals airflow and the air pushed down-and-out of the interior room is forced back upwards to the top of the room and re-filtered through the top vents. This ensures continued filtration and exposure to the same allotment of air for as long as the room and exterior passage is sealed.
For semiconductor and medical device manufacturing, single pass clean rooms can be effective, but a recirculating room is recommended for true quality in production. Our Class 3 clean room uses a recirculating airflow for excellence and safety in all our manufacturing processes that require zero-contaminant exposure.
Contact MultiSource Manufacturing LLC at (952) 456-5500 for more information about our clean room. Request more information, or request a quote for contract manufacturing services today.
Electromechanical manufacturing is a term that covers a vast number of fabrication processes. Even within categories of electromechanical manufacturing, there are broad spectrums of production that cross many industries. MultiSource Manufacturing LLC has a broad range of manufacturing techniques and is dedicated to providing a large variety of contract manufacturing services for electromechanical fabrication in many industries. From medical devices to semiconductor components, our electromechanical contract manufacturing services offer a multitude of components and full assemblies to OEMs and other customers worldwide.
Electromechanical contract manufacturing may cover a great deal of products, but there are basic categories that each part fits into. The main groups of electromechanical manufacturing the MultiSource network provides include the following.
- Robotics: This covers a large spectrum (as all our electromechanical services will), but specifically, we provide electromechanical manufacturing for robotics used in medical, aerospace, defense, food processing, automotive, filtration, and agriculture industries. Generally speaking, this includes any product from robotic surgical tools to large-scale production robots used in factory settings.
- Microelectronics: With a Class 3/1000 clean room, MultiSource technicians are able to work with semiconductor components to create microelectronics for many industries. Microchip handling, wet processing, plastic fabrication, and other techniques allow us to fabricate microelectronics that make products such as implantable medical devices, financial processors, aeronautic controls, and automotive sensors possible.
- Industrial appliances: With our electromechanical fabrication capabilities, our technicians are able to build packaging, laning, sorting, and other processing appliances used in a high-output factory setting. In particular, our partnership with Forpak allows us to create unique, intelligent food packaging appliances that meet FDA and global food safety standards.
- Computers: In today’s highly technical world, computers and smart devices are necessary in a very wide range of settings. Our computational device manufacturing abilities allow us to create components and systems for many industries, including automotive, aerospace, defense, medical, financial processing, specialized electrical systems, agricultural, commercial, recreational, environmental, and more.
These categories are very general, and could easily warrant a deeper dive, but even these cover just a partial selection of what we can offer at MultiSource. Our engineers, technicians, and other employees have the knowledge and training needed for many electromechanical manufacturing operations. In addition to their skill, they have access to multiple well-outfitted production floors with hundreds of specialty machines, finishing tools, and advanced industrial processors.
To learn more about our electromechanical contract manufacturing capabilities, contact MultiSource Manufacturing LLC at (952) 456-5500. Request more information, or request a quote to get started with us today.