At MultiSource Manufacturing LLC, our network of multiple facilities across the upper Midwest serves a wide range of industries. From the rocketry components we fabricate that are selectively used by aerospace and defense customers to the financial processing assemblies used daily in retail centers across the globe, our products affect a broad number of industries. Because of the range of products and assemblies we create for OEMs in several industries, we understand the importance of quality control (QC) at every stage of the production process. From the beginning stages of design and prototyping to the final tests and inspections, MultiSource engineers, technicians, and other team members are dedicated to supporting QC and improving our practices on a daily basis.
In order to support QC in the production process and promote continued improvement across the board, MultiSource facilities are well outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment operated by skilled and knowledgeable team members. Each of our six locations provides standard prototyping programs, computer numeric control (CNC) machines, and assembly equipment as well as specialized tools for complex or unusual projects.
Our QC standards are applied to every step of the production process, and a standard part will move through that process and pass through each operation with thorough QC inspections.
Part Movement from Prototyping to Shipment
- Design and Prototyping: Before production begins, our engineering team works with the customer to develop a drawing with computer-aided design (CAD) programming and runs virtual simulations to test the function. Then we create a prototype and run additional simulations. When these prototypes pass QC inspections, the fabrication process begins.
- Component Fabrication: MultiSource utilizes CNC machining centers for horizontal, vertical, and multi-axis part manufacturing in addition to specialty mills, lathes, and Swiss CNC machines.
- Component Finishing: To complete components before assembling, our technicians employ a wide range of finishing services, including heat treating, anodizing, grinding, bead blasting, fastener insertion, honing, laser marking, and more.
- Assembly: Our assembly technicians provide standard mechanical assembly as well as electronic and electromechanical assemblies. The precision and quality of machined components is critical for an effective, reliable assembly.
- Assembly Finishing: Fine-tuning, cleaning, lubricating, and overall readying assemblies for integration into customer systems allows our team to begin final inspection and testing procedures.
- Inspections and Testing: The final inspections are one of the most vital QC processes we apply to all components and assemblies before they leave our facilities. Our testing processes include non-invasive tests, such as thermography or vibration analysis, as well as invasive testing, such as stress limit testing, when needed.
- Packing and Shipping: When a component or full assembly passes our QC inspections and all applied tests with 100% accuracy, our packaging and shipping team can pull, pack, and ship our products to OEMs and other customers around the globe.
To learn more about our QC practices and standards from the start of prototyping to the end of inspections, contact MultiSource at (952) 456-5500. You can request more information and also request a quote online.