The development and implementation of lean manufacturing practices has been a key tool in improving the production processes for a wide range of industries. Not only does lean manufacturing promote waste reduction and environmental conscientiousness, but it also provides cost-effective, streamlined procedures for production and storage of goods. At MultiSource Manufacturing, LLC, our network of facilities applies lean manufacturing across the board for all our design, fabrication, assembly, packing, and delivery services, including kitting and electrical assembly services.
When it comes to precision machining and production of electronic components, a high-quality assembly process is key to creating a finished, reliable part. The MultiSource network provides comprehensive electrical assembly services, including electromechanical assemblies, electronics kitting, and we even have the capabilities to assemble and test completed devices. As part of our lean manufacturing standards, in-house kitting and electrical assemblies work to streamline our own production operations in the long-term as well as improving the efficiency of the supply chain for OEMs and our other customers.
Benefits of Kitting
Kitting works to group together separate items into a collection of cohesive units. This categorizing and blocking together of products into a kit unit is a key step in promoting lean manufacturing for electrical and electromechanical assemblies. Kitting provides a streamlined lean inventory and supply system for all MultiSource locations benefitting our customers with:
1. Improvements in the manufacturing process that ultimately decrease the amount of material processing and inventory handling during our own production and that of OEM customers.
2. Minimized warehousing and storage space demands by reducing the amount of space components take up and organizing components in an easily inventoried system.
3. More practical inventorying possibilities with a system that cohesively organizes components with improved capabilities in quality control.
4. Reduction of deliveries to customer locations, in turn lowering costs of shipping and saving storage space.
5. Minimized potential for component damages with reduced handling during shipment and inventorying.
6. Improved recording and processing of components and full assemblies overall.
Kitting is not only a useful way of categorizing and packing electronic components and assemblies into a cohesive unit that can be quickly and easily recorded and put into inventory, it’s also a true lean manufacturing practice that supports waste reduction and efficiency of production. For our high-quality precision machined electronic components and electromechanical assemblies, the MultiSource network relies on the benefits and capabilities kitting provides.
To learn more about our kitting and electrical assembly services, submit a request more information, or request a quote online.